The “Music” section of our website brings you a small selection of what Comhaltas has been collecting since our formation. Perhaps you will find some of these items helpful in your own musical journey.
This section includes:
- Audio – Tracks from our CDs, recordings of sessions, and tracks from the Comhaltas Traditional Music Archive
- Video – Video recordings highlighting some of the best contemporary players, including the ComhaltasLive programme
- ComhaltasLive - Daily video clips from around Ireland and the world
- Concert Tours - Schedules and artist information for Comhaltas Concert Tours
- Photography - Photographs of some great musicians, old and new
- Notation – Selections from our own tune books, as well as other tunes from historical sources
- Journal – Treoir, the Comhaltas journal of things Irish and musical
We will be updating this section of our website to add new material, but we need your help! As members of the Irish traditional music community, we’d love to publish your pictures, tunes, recordings and videos. Of course, we’ll be sure to give you credit for any items you submit. You are also free to leave comments on the items you see here, making your own contribution to the tradition.
- ComhaltasLive #430-10: Comhaltas Tour of North America
Featuring a variety of instrumentation and joined by four dancers, musicians on the Comhaltas Tour of North America in October 2013 play a selection of hornpipes - “The Glenbeigh” and “Thomond Bridge”.
The full tour group was Claire Heffernan (flute) and Christine Mulcahy (fiddle, dance & concertina), both from Co. Limerick; Emer Toale (harp and piano), Dublin; Róisín Broderick (concertina, fiddle and song), Galway; Joseph Keane (accordion), Co. Laois; Shane Keating (uilleann pipes and whistle), Co. Cork; Elaine Reilly (banjo and mandolin), Longford; Aisling Vaughan (concertina and dance), Cork; Lorraine McMahon (fiddle), Co. Louth; Seán Hanafin and Tomás Ó Sé (dance), Co. Kerry; Alice Fitzgerald (singer and Bean A’Tí), Co, Waterford; Martin Murphy (Tour Manager) Co. Longford.
- ComhaltasLive #434-8: Laura Mannion & Dearbhla Hallahan
A hornpipe, “The Humours of Tullycrien”, played by Laura Mannion on fiddle and Dearbhla Hallahan on concertina, members of Comeraghs CCÉ, Co. Waterford.
- Saskia Tomkins and Steafan Hannigan at KentFolk
Saskia Tomkins and Steafan Hannigan held fiddle, bodhran and whistle workshops, a Celtic Session, and a concert as part of a long weekend of music in Littlebourne and Faversham, near Canterbury, Kent. Tomkins and Hannigan are current and recent All Britain Fleadh winners for Fiddle (Slow Air), Uilleann Pipes, Flute, Whistle, and Bodhran.
Recent Sheet Music
- ComhaltasLive #410-6: Mairéad Lucey
Mairéad Lucey from Screathain, Coolea, Co. Cork playing in the Senior Button Accordion Competition at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2012 in Cavan. Mairéad plays the jig “Kitty’s Rambles”.
[Download Audio](http://media.comhaltas.ie/audio/cl410_mp3/cl410_6.mp3 “Audio – Mairéad Lucey”]