Music associated with particular events, such as Fleadhanna.
- ComhaltasLive #238-3: World’s Largest Traditional Irish Music Session
- 4 January 2008
The extraordinary scene and the music in O’Connor Square, Tullamore at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2007 when 2,700 musicians converged to establish a World Record for the largest session. Here we have a variety of traditional Irish music played by musicians of many nationalities, followed by the reaction of Senator Labhrás Ó Murchú, Director-General of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann.
- ComhaltasLive #236 - 7: The Long Ridge Céilí Band Guest Appearance at the 2007 All-Ireland
- 25 December 2007
A very Happy Christmas from all of us at Comhaltas — as we would say in Irish, Nollaig Shona!
Today, representing the host county of Offaly, former All-Ireland Champions the Long Ridge Céilí Band made a guest appearance at the 2007 All-Ireland Céilí Band competition. They played these jigs, ending with “The Haunted House.”
- ComhaltasLive #236 - 6: Allow Céilí Band Hornpipe at the 2007 All-Ireland
- 24 December 2007
- ComhaltasLive #235 - 4: Allow Céilí Band Jigs at the 2007 All-Ireland
- 14 December 2007
All-Ireland Senior Céilí Band champions for 2007, the Allow Céilí Band play a selection of jigs: “The Shores of Lough Gowna” and “Willie Coleman’s”. The Allow took second place in 2006.
- ComhaltasLive #235 - 3: Innisfree Céilí Band Reels from the 2007 All-Ireland
- 13 December 2007
Moving to the Senior Céilí Bands competition at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2007, two reels from the Innisfree Céilí Band of Sligo, who took second place (having taken 3rd place in 2006). The reels are: “Fergal O’Gara” and “Trim the Velvet”.
- ComhaltasLive #235 - 5: The Tribes Céilí Band Hornpipe from the 2007 All-Ireland
- 10 December 2007
- ComhaltasLive #234: More Senior Céilí Bands (Full Programme)
- 10 December 2007
This week we present more from the Senior Ceílí Band competition at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2007 in Tullamore. (Full Programme)
- ComhaltasLive #234 - 9: Crosskeys Ceilí Band Reels at the 2007 All-Ireland
- 8 December 2007
Concluding the programme, a selection of reels: “Jackie Coleman’s” and “The Green Gates” played by the Crosskeys Céilí Band from Co. Antrim in the Senior Céilí Band competition at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann, 2007.
Band members are Martin Agnew, Siobhán and Claire McCormack and Catherine McGill on fiddles, Seána Agnew and Gráinne McGill on flutes, Eimear Graham on accordion, Donal Savage on concertina, John Agnew on drums and Cathy Potter on piano.