The “Music” section of our website brings you a small selection of what Comhaltas has been collecting since our formation. Perhaps you will find some of these items helpful in your own musical journey.
This section includes:
- Audio – Tracks from our CDs, recordings of sessions, and tracks from the Comhaltas Traditional Music Archive
- Video – Video recordings highlighting some of the best contemporary players, including the ComhaltasLive programme
- ComhaltasLive - Daily video clips from around Ireland and the world
- Concert Tours - Schedules and artist information for Comhaltas Concert Tours
- Photography - Photographs of some great musicians, old and new
- Notation – Selections from our own tune books, as well as other tunes from historical sources
- Journal – Treoir, the Comhaltas journal of things Irish and musical
We will be updating this section of our website to add new material, but we need your help! As members of the Irish traditional music community, we’d love to publish your pictures, tunes, recordings and videos. Of course, we’ll be sure to give you credit for any items you submit. You are also free to leave comments on the items you see here, making your own contribution to the tradition.
- Sonny Murray
Following the sad death of Sonny Murray, we present a track of Sonny recorded in 1990 by Frank Whelan of Ennis, Co. Clare.
- ComhaltasLive #512_6:Irish Minstrels, Glasgow
From CCÉ, Irish Minstrels, Glasgow, Scotland, Breanna Wilson and Jamie Conway play “The Monaghan jig” when taking 3rd place in 12-15 Duets competition at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2016 in Ennis, Co. Clare.
- Saskia Tomkins and Steafan Hannigan at KentFolk
Saskia Tomkins and Steafan Hannigan held fiddle, bodhran and whistle workshops, a Celtic Session, and a concert as part of a long weekend of music in Littlebourne and Faversham, near Canterbury, Kent. Tomkins and Hannigan are current and recent All Britain Fleadh winners for Fiddle (Slow Air), Uilleann Pipes, Flute, Whistle, and Bodhran.
Recent Sheet Music
- Rick’s Rambles
The hornpipe “Rick’s Rambles”, played in ComhaltasLive Programme 307 by the Shannonvale Céilí Band.